Friday, June 20, 2014

Jaime's Endless Summer Tunic

A Verb for Keeping Warm is an awesome shop in Oakland, CA that shares our love of both sewing and knitting. They have just released their first print sewing pattern and it is awesome. Welcome, Endless Summer Tunic! 

Pattern: Endless Summer Tunic
Fabric: Hemp/cotton chambray stripe
Size made: 37" - smallest size
Alterations: Shortened the tunic by 2"

Endless Summer Tunic is a pullover tunic with gathered shoulder plackets and a v-neckline. It pulls on with no closures and also has pockets. This tunic is amazingly comfortable and I've already worn it several times since making it just a couple of weeks ago. 


The tunic comes together easily with well written instructions. The neck is finished with a facing and the armholes are finished with bias tape. Small gathers on the back placket are a cute touch. The back is just longer than the front and it has a slight shirttail hem.


The fabric I chose is a dreamy, lightweight hemp/organic cotton pinstripe chambray. It is so soft and flowy, I just want to live in this! We just received another bolt of this beautiful, limited edition fabric...


The fit is loose and casual. The only alteration I made was to shorten the tunic a couple of inches. Endless Summer Tunic pattern is available in the shop now - I bet you can't make just one!

10 comments:

ericca h at bellybaloo said...

Wondering if this is available to purchase online? It's so adorable & I've been looking for a pattern just like this!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the beautiful top patterns you showcase on your blog, and would love to buy them- but having trouble finding patterns that have sizing up to a 56" bustline. Any ideas among patterns you have in stock?

Fancy Tiger Crafts said...

thanks! We just have the print copies in the shop, but you can buy it online direct from A Verb for Keeping Warm. The largest patterns we carry are from Colette and go up to a 54" bust.

Jeannie said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that fabric! May I ask what brand it is, or any information that would help me find it? It's too bad I'm not close by to drop in and buy a few yards :)

Fancy Tiger Crafts said...

Hi Jeanie,
Thanks! Feel free to email us info@fancytigercrafts.com and we are happy to mail you some fabric, we just need your address and the amount. The company only sells wholesale.

Kara said...

I have been looking at this pattern, and it looks great on you! May I ask how tall you are, since you decided to shorten the pattern?

Anonymous said...

I WANT/NEED/HAVE TO HAVE this pattern, it could be used for so many things ....tunic top, bathing suit cover up ....

Rebecca said...

Oh its so pretty! Can you buy it online? It looks so comfortable!

Fancy Tiger Crafts said...

Thanks, Kara. I am 5'3" so pretty short :)

Rebecca, you can buy it online from A Verb for Keeping Warm

Thanks!

Stephenie said...

Where did you decide to alter the length? I am 5'10" and would like to lengthen it but am not sure where to add in the extra couple of inches. (Usually I am able to cheat with a "lengthen/shorten here!" arrow on the pattern- no such luck with this one!)