Friday, June 27, 2014

Jaime's Camber Set Dress

I'm slowly making my way through the Merchant & Mills catalog of sewing patterns. My newest sew is the Camber Set dress.


Pattern: Camber Set Dress by Merchant and Mills
Fabric: 100% linen - 1.75 yds, Nani Iro brushed cotton - 1/2 yd
Size made: UK 10
Alterations: I switched up the neck finish so it has an exposed bias binding all the way around


This pattern is a gently shaped garment that can be either a dress or a shirt. It features set-in sleeves, bust darts and a slightly a-line shape. The garment is quick and simple to cut out and put together. I was worried about this color against my skin so I altered the pattern to add an exposed bias binding all the way around the neckline. This is an easy way to finish the neck and I had just enough Nani Iro brushed cotton leftover from another Merchant & Mills sew to make some bias tape for this. 


I'm currently obsessed with this color: any form of muted pink or rosy taupe. The types of colors that are not unlike the color of my skin and may or may not be a good choice for me, but I couldn't resist it in a 100% linen. I thought a small bias binding would break up the color and add a nice border at the neck.


I've already sewn up another Camber in a shirt version that you'll get to see later on the blog. This pattern is nice causal look and I think I'll be coming back to it again and again.


1 comment:

madder said...

So great--love that fabric!