Friday, June 28, 2013

Better Know A Crafter: Jason Spicknall

Jason is an amazing long-arm quilter, and we couldn't resist sharing his most recent Tula Pink Anchors Aweigh quilt! Several of us at the shop have used his long-arm quilting services, Secret Stash Quilting, to finish our own quilts. Jason is a prolific quilt maker and it is always a treat to see what he's working on!


Jason Spicknall

What makes you want to be crafty?
I am a modern long-arm quilter. I have an addiction to fabric, so I quilt.


Tell us about making your quilt. 
I made Tula Pink's Anchors Aweigh quilt using fabrics from her Saltwater fabric collection. For the background I mixed in coral and navy solids. I quilted it on my long-arm machine. 



How did you learn to quilt?
My mother-in-law got me started and it turned into an addiction. After two years I now own a long-arm quilting business.


What is your favorite animal?
dogs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Quilt Jason!

Pink said...

I love the floral designs you quilted it with! Perhaps I will have to hand off my next finished quilt to you...