Friday, June 01, 2012

Wiksten Tank-a-thon 2012

Amber and I recently had a sewing Tank-a-thon! The tank pattern from Wiksten is a totally hot and easy pattern to sew! This tank is just two pieces plus some bias binding strips and a pocket. After you make a couple you'll be whipping these up in less than 2 hours a piece! Perfect for all these amazing fabrics and cute summer outfits. 90 degree days, here we come!


Here are the results of our Tank-a-thon 2012:

Tank 1 - Jaime: I made the first tank out of Liberty. That's right. First time making this and I just jumped right in. I've been in love with this dark floral print from the moment it arrived and knew I wanted a top out of it. Results: A+

Tank 2 - Amber: I've been dreaming of making a simple top out of this Japanese linen sheeting. I love this tank and want to wear it every day! As soon as this easy-peasy sewing project was finished I knew I needed to make tanks-a-plenty for summer...and so I cut three more of my favorite fabrics and got to stitching! Results: A+

Tank 3 - Amber: The very next day as soon as I got home I whipped up this light breezy tank from our organic voile in Smoke with a contrasting pocket in a teeny-tiny pinstripe organic voile. Perfect for steamy days and summer bike rides. Fantastic! Results: A

Tank 4 - Jaime: I made my second tank out of a soft vintage-y floral from Cabbages and Roses newest collection for Moda. I just got these striped jeans from Fancy Tiger Clothing and needed a colorful top to go with them. I'm always obsessed with these Cabbages and Roses print so this was my chance to finally use one. Results: A

Tank 5 - Amber: For my third tank, I figured I deserved a little treat--a treat in the form of a yard and a half of Liberty fabric! This Liberty print has been calling my name and I couldn't resist it anymore! Oh Liberty, you make me feel like a princess. Results: A+

Tank 6: Amber: Ok, I admit I'm going a little overboard with these tanks, but they are just so quick and gratifying to make! I mean, I've made 4 in a week now! So...you'll most likely see me wearing a Wiksten Tank every day this summer, but that's not too awkward right? 'Cause I love my new summer wardrobe! Tank #4 is made with an amazing Japanese rose print in the deepest teal. A little prairie/goth and a little oh-so-ladylike. Results: A

Tank 7: Surprise! Jess was already sucked into our tank-a-thon before she left for L.A. so it was easy to bring her in on our tank sewing frenzy when she visited us for a day. She made the tank dress out of a beautiful organic cotton yarn-dyed plaid. Total win! Results: A+

Overall Tank-a-thon 2012 score: A+!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So Cute!

johanna said...

begs the question...is FT going to offer a class on it? pretty please?

kyra said...

do you stock these patterns at FT? because now i wanna make one TODAY!

Fancy Tiger Crafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fancy Tiger Crafts said...

Hi Kyra,

Unfortunately Wiksten isn't set up for wholesale yet, so we don't have the patterns available for sale here. You can, however, purchase either a PDF copy or order one of Wiksten's gorgeous glassine-wrapped hard-copy patterns. Here's a handy link:

http://www.shopwiksten.com/category/sewing-patterns

phamilton_gordon said...

hello! wiksten offers wholesale now! i started stocking her patterns at nido a couple of months ago. just thought you should know...

warmly,
phiona

www.nidoVT.com

Krista S. said...

Really want to make one of these out of some linen I have, and I saw that you used a yard and a half? Did you have to do anything different with the bias strips? Love all your tanks!!!
Krista

Monica--Adirondack Inspired said...

I know this is an old post, but I couldn't not comment....LOVE THEM ALL!!