Thursday, June 23, 2011

Better Know A Crafter: Mary (with special guests Ellie & Hadley)

We gasped with delight when Mary walked in with this fresh-off-her-sewing-machine Liberty quilt. We love it to the max, and really, how could you go wrong with a sweet checkerboard of pretty Liberty prints on white?


Mary (with the adorable Ellie & Hadley)

 
What makes you such a crafty lady?
I am a pharmacist and I craft for fun.

What inspired you to make this Liberty quilt?
My husband heard me talking about Liberty fabric and he surprised me with some as a gift.




How did you learn to quilt?
I started quilting when I had my daughters. I took a 7th grade Home Ec class and then I asked a lot of questions of a coworker and fellow quilter.

What is your favorite animal?
Unicorn

Thanks Mary! Happy quilting!

2 comments:

Angelique said...

This is so incredibly beautiful! I'm totally going to be that crazy woman who shows the people at Liberty what our customers make. I am. They're going to *tsk, tsk* after me but I don't care... they NEED to see this! Amazoid!

Peggy said...

Congratulations to Mary on a finished piece! Wow. It's beautiful.

I mentioned your Be Sweet t-shirt yarn and the Moda bee cloth on my blog today...