Thursday, February 17, 2011

Better Know A Crafter: Nancy Lowell

Nancy has been crafting up a storm with her appliqued felt pillows! Each of them is a one of a kind creation and Nancy often uses her fabric choices to inspire the imagery she created on the pillows. Most of the pillows have applique on both sides. We love the detail and stitching!

Nancy Lowell


1) What inspires you to be so crafty?
I am a teacher. I cut, paste, and draw all day for my students.


2) Tell us about the pillows you've been making.
I am appliqueing onto pillows I've made. My patterns came out of my head. I use embroidery thread and wool felt.


3) How did learn to applique?
No one taught me how to do this--I just started doing it. It runs in my blood.



4) What is your favorite animal?
My two dogs.

Thanks Nancy! Happy crafting!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Those are just beautiful, Nancy! Thank you for the inspiration.

Allison said...

Lovely work, Nancy! I love the flower appliques.

Jeanne Lois said...

So adorable! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Simple stunning work! A pleasure to meet you during the recent FT sale. Thanks for holding my place in line.

.dear.jenny. said...

those are amazing!!