Thursday, January 13, 2011

Better Know A Crafter: Matt Parker

We at Fancy Tiger Crafts get so happy when we see someone with their first finished project. It's a pretty magical moment. Matt just learned to crochet and his first project was this cozy organic cotton blanket. Congratulations, Matt! We can't wait to see what you make next!


Matt Parker


1) What makes you want to be crafty?
I'm the Denver Metropolitan Tuberculosis Clinic's statistician. I spend a lot of time staring at screens each week--crochet is a nice way to create something physical.

2) Tell us about your blanket.
This is my first crochet project. I used Blue Sky Alpaca's dyed organic cotton.

3) How did you learn your crochet skills?
My partner got me started. She made me a blanket that I would probably carry out of a burning building.

4) What is your favorite animal?
Narwhals.

Thanks Matt! Happy crocheting!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Congrats to Matt on finishing such a fun little throw! This is one of my New Years goals. I'm new to your blog. I'm originally from Colorado and all my family is still there. Hopefully soon I can come into the shop for a visit - it looks fabulous!