Monday, December 13, 2010

Staff Holiday Gift Picks: Jaime & Angelique

This week all of us at Fancy Tiger Crafts will be sharing our most favorite, most coveted items in the shop. These are the things we might (winkwink) be hoping to find under our own tree, but would certainly make a great gift for your dearest crafty friend. Enjoy!


I'm Jaime, and I'm one of the owners of Fancy Tiger Crafts. Since I do the a lot of the ordering I pretty much love everything in the store, but here is what I think would make the most amazing gifts of all time!

2-1/2 yards cotton velveteen $52.50
Colette Patterns Beignet Skirt $12

For sewing, I really want to make the Beignet skirt out of the Anna Maria Horner cotton velveteens. These rich, soft fabrics are so beautiful and I've been wanting to make a skirt out of them. I think the high-waisted pencil skirt would be perfect.



Fanciful Felties $19.95

Fanciful Felties is a new book that has really been inspiring me lately to hand sew! I love the embroidery detail on the faces and you can see me stitching up these cuties at craft night.



Ladybug Spinning Wheel with Bulky Flyer $600

The Ladybug spinning wheel by local company, Schacht is also at the top of my list. This adorable, well made, light-weight spinning wheel works like a dream. I'd love to get it with the bulky head option for spinning up lots of crazy art yarns.


Hi, I'm Angelique... I'm one of the new faces at Fancy Tiger. I only look scared in this photo, but I'm actually quite friendly. Come in and say, "hi."


Liberty Art Fabrics $38.95/yard

Over the years, I've spent a fair amount of time in the U.K. and one of my favorite places to visit is Liberty of London. I was so excited when the Liberty fabrics arrived at Fancy Tiger... I dream of sewing a dressing gown, but picking the perfect fabric is so hard because they're all so gorgeous!



Last Minute Knitted Gifts $24.95

One of my all-time favorite knitting books is Last Minute Knitted Gifts. This is my go-to book for making quick (and not-so-quick) knitted presents for friends. I've made countless knitted gift bags as featured on the front cover of the book, but another favorite pattern is the Angora Baby Booties. I'm knitting the Men's Cashmere Scarf in Malabrigo Rios as a gift for a friend this holiday season.
Thanks, Jaime and Angelique! Check back tomorrow for Dan and Jess's favorite picks!

No comments: