Thursday, November 04, 2010

Better Know A Crafter: Sara Caugill

Sara is looking so adorable in her happy little yellow dress and handbag! She is an amazing seamstress--the bag is of her own design--and we always love to see what she has been sewing!

Sara Caugill

1) Tell us about what you do.
I'm a high school math and art teacher. I love making things, and I really love using things I make. My goal is to learn how to make shoes. I sew, knit, spin, do stencils. You name it, I have probably done it.

2) Tell us about these two cute projects.
I made the Colette Patterns Parfait Sundress in cotton voile. I designed the purse myself. It's my super-secret-hearts-bikes purse. The strap goes from shoulder bag length to messenger bag length. The purse seriously holds tons. My u-lock fits in perfectly! The dress is made from Anna Maria Horner voile.


3) How did you learn to sew?
I started sewing around the time I began walking. My mom taught me. Now my mom calls me for sewing advice. I really started sewing in earnest after high school. My first dress was made without a pattern.

4) What is your favorite animal?
The narwhal. Also, my two cats: Harry the Dirty Dog & Walter Marzipan Coupatti

Thanks Sara! Happy crafting!

No comments: