Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Katrina Marsh Sarlin

Katrina visited us recently from Virginia. She came to our Sewing Help Night and made this adorable tote bag. Nice work Katrina, come back and visit anytime!

Katrina Marsh Sarlin


What kinds of crafts do you do?
I'm a project/program manager and I've always enjoyed working with my hands. Knitting, crochet, baking, cake-decorating, cross-stitch, polymer clay, sewing and photography.

Tell us about your tote bag.
It's a simple tote made from fabric and Japanese bag handles from Fancy Tiger. I used a $1 pattern from Joann's. I looked at quite a few and then winged it with the fabric I bought. I used heavy thread for sewing through the laminated fabric in fun colors. I came to the Wednesday night Sewing Help Night to use the sewing machines as I am traveling.


How did you learn to sew?
When I was a little girl, my father's mom sewed--actually both of my grandmothers did. They made whatever they needed. My father's mom used to make us bookbags and silky pillowcases.

Thanks Katrina! Happy crafting!

No comments: